Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Grass IS Greener On The Other Side

We made it to the end of our week-long New York trip.  While I was ready to head back home, a week was not long enough to see everything we wanted to see.

This trip was awesome though, and it was great to have that perspective into the fashion industry while we were there, instead of just being regular tourists.  While I honestly don't know if I could see myself living in New York, it was great to meet those industry professionals and make connections with them.

Our flight wasn't supposed to leave New York until 7-ish that evening, so a group of friends and I walked to some of the fabric stores near our hotel and looked to grab a bite to eat.  For lunch we stopped at this great diner, Tick Tock.

Majority of the group got hamburgers and some sort of sandwich, but I decided to get their famous Disco Fries.  This dish consisted of fries topped with brown gravy and mozzarella cheese.  They were so good! Just thinking about them now as I'm typing this makes me want some!

All-in-all, I'm so glad I was able to go on the trip, but it certainly is nice to be back home!  Sleep in my own bed.  Inhale fresh air.  See green grass.  Being in New York, you never realize how industrial it is and their lack of grass and trees.

So, It's goodbye to New York, but who knows, maybe one day I'll find myself back there.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope y'all enjoyed reading about my adventures in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment